October 12, 2005

Last night, my host family took me to the Tokyo Opera City in Hatsudai for a concert! I snuck this picture of the main concert hall. It's so beautiful, and spacious. It was so big, that it didn"t feel like Tokyo at all, cause in Shinjuku, there is never so much space alloted for a building that isn't used to the last inch.

Yesterday, I went to the Tokyo University for Fine Arts and Music for my Arts Practicum class, and toured the different departments. It was so amazing, the work was so gorgeous, its hard to believe people my own age made them. I was really surprised that they have so many arts departments, from metal sculpture to weaving to traditional Japanese lacquerware. I forgot my cellphone, so i didn't get any pictures. I'm going there again next week, so I'll take some then. ^_^

I really want to go to a onsen soon...I think it's cause the weather is turning colder.

later
Jun

No comments: