February 22, 2007

The doggie sweater is done!



Okay, so this very pink doggie sweater was promised sometime in the summer of 2006.
I didn't buy the yarn for it until November, and didn't start knitting it
until the beginning of December.
Regardless of the amount of time I spent procrastinating knitting this sucker, I am really happy it's completed without any major hitches. I just hope it fits the cutest dog in the world, since I can't try it on her in person. Normally I avoid anything that involves seaming and shaping and picking up stitches, hence the lack of sweaters and other large knitted pattern heavy FOs.
Let's just call this mini-sweater a small step toward the garment making direction.

Casey's Coat from Stitch n' Bitch Nation
Yarn: Less than a ball of some generic sport weight acrylic i found at Ben Franklin's
US 4/3.5mm bamboo circulars and dpns
Because I knit this sweater at a much smaller gauge than the suggested pattern, I knit with the instruction for the medium size dog sweater.Other than that, I followed the pattern pretty faithfully.

I finished the sweater last night, and started on the afghan I've been dreaming of!
I'm using Paton's Classic Merino in Natural Mix, Deep Olive, and Chestnut Brown,
some very earthy mellow colors.

I'm thinking stockinette squares alternating colors with a seed stitch border.

No comments: