September 21, 2005



I am alive and well! I'm all unpacked and moved into my host family's house in Shimo Ochiai, which is about 15 minutes away from Waseda University. I have 3 host brothers! I actually live a a house by myself that is next door to my host family's and head over there most of the time for meals and such. It's weird for me to be in a place just by myself. It's way too quiet and half the time the floor will creak and I'll get scared.

I experienced my first Japanese earthquake on Tuesday night! It was only a level 2 and lasted only a couple seconds, but it was scary! The house was making all sorts of weird popping noises and our poor cat was hiding under the dinner table.

I'm getting used to riding the train everyday, I take the Seibu Shinjuku line to Takada no Baba and walk to school from there. In the mornings, and around 5-6pm, you feel like a sardine in a can, there are so many people. I shouldn't complain though, my commute is only 3 minutes. Most of the other exchange students have a hour to an hour and half commute every day.

The Japanese mosquitoes have already found me, and given me 2 lovely welcoming gifts. >_<

I'm pretty much on vacation right now, except some short orientations in the mornings, I can do pretty much whatever i want ...but classes start on the 30th of this month!

-later
Jun

No comments: